According to a UK Government report, 1 in 4 women (25%) are classed physically inactive, doing less than 30 minutes of moderate physical activity every week. Housework is not classed as moderate activity, no matter how much of it you do, and neither is sitting at a desk in pretty heels.
1. Walk your kids to school, and walk or cycle to work where possible.
2. Get off the bus a stop or two before your stop and walk the rest of the way
3. Walk or cycle on errands instead of driving
4. Take a walk during your lunch break
5. Take the stairs instead of the lift (unless you work on the 77th floor! 76th floor is walkable😉)
6. Park a distance away and walk to the shops
7. Dance to your favourite music whilst you cook and clean the house
8. Power walk to the park while the kids scoot, or take the dog for a power walk
9. Do some stretches or plank while you’re watching telly
10. Have sex – you can burn between 1 and 300 calories depending how long it lasts. And you can burn an extra 500 calories running away from his wife! That’s a joke – please only have sex with your own husband.
These activities may be moderate physical exercise depending on how long you do them and the intensity.
And you won't miss a thing! Receive email updates and resources to help you keep fit and healthy.